Fantastic game is coming this Saturday – Chelsea vs Leicester! Claudio Ranieri hopes Danny Drinkwater will be available for the Leicester City trip to Chelsea on Saturday (15 October) after the midfielder completed Thursday’s training session with the rest of his teammates. However, Nampalys Mendy is set to miss out yet again at Stamford Bridge after suffering a setback in his long-term ankle injury.
Chelsea could recall captain John Terry, who is back in training after an ankle injury, but Willian will not play after being given compassionate leave. The Blues will monitor Victor Moses, who missed internationaChelsea vs Leicesterl duty with Nigeria because of a muscle problem. Leicester are hopeful midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who was not available for England’s recent matches because of a minor groin injury, will be fit. Chelsea have lost just one of their last 11 meetings with Leicester, winning nine of them. That solitary defeat however was particularly significant as it was Jose Mourinho’s last as Blues boss. But you have to go back to September 2000 for the Foxes last win at Stamford Bridge – the goalscorers on that day were Muzzy Izzet and Stan Collymore in a 2-0 win.
Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: “We played seven matches in 22 days. I have to rotate a little more my players. I will wait until after training [on Friday].
“The last match at Chelsea was special with the guard of honour, but Saturday is an important match and we must react.”
” Ranieri is very respected by the Chelsea fans and they are always very loyal to him. They really appreciated what he did for the club at that time and there is some kind of romantic love between them and Claudio Ranieri.
Chelsea failed to win either of their Premier League meetings with Leicester last season (D1, L1) after winning the previous six top-flight encounters.
The Blues won 4-2 away to Leicester in the League Cup on 20 September.
Leicester’s only win in 10 Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge came in September 2000, when Muzzy Izzet and Stan Collymore scored. Claudio Ranieri attended that match and took over as Blues’ manager the following day.
This will be Ranieri’s third Premier League game against Chelsea – with each of those meetings coming against a different manager (Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink and Antonio Conte).
- The Blues are vying to avoid back-to-back home league defeats for the first time since 2011, when they were beaten by Arsenal in October and Liverpool in November.
- Eight of Chelsea’s last 13 top-flight games at Stamford Bridge have ended in a draw (W3, L2).
- Diego Costa has scored 38 Premier League goals since August 2014 – only Sergio Aguero (55) and Harry Kane (48) have netted more in that period.
- The Foxes have conceded 10 league goals away from home this season – the worst record in the top flight.
- Last term they had the best defensive record on the road, letting in just 18 goals.
- Leicester have lost just one of their last five Premier League games in London (W3, D1) – after losing 17 and drawing three of the previous 20.
- Claudio Ranieri’s side could become the first reigning top-flight champions to lose their opening four away games of the season since Blackburn in 1995-96.
- Ranieri last took charge of a league match against Antonio Conte in March 2012, when defeat for Inter against Juventus saw him sacked the following day.
Odds (best available)
The reigning champions are 9/2 to overturn the blues and Vardy is 15/2 to bag the first! BET NOW!